Friday, November 03, 2006

I go wild...cause you left me here

Let's see: angry Poe on the stereo, rapidly draining glass of Becherovka on the table...getting drunk alone is not something I do often (ever?), so what could possibly precipitate such an event? Oh, only getting screwed today after spending two fucking months trying to secure some sort of job in this country which apparently does not desire my services. I finally had a repeatedly promised meeting scheduled for Monday, and guess what showed up in my inbox at a quarter to six this evening?

"I'm away on Monday, so let's check in after the 14th, I'm pretty free at the end of that week."

Oh, really? That's great. 'Cause that officially marks three full months since we were supposed to meet. It's not like I have job offers lining up at the door here, so I have to accomodate to your flaky ass, but man I wish I could tell you to shove it. Instead, I'm stuck here like some homeless mutt, waiting for anyone kind enough to take me in for a few nights.

I have to go home in January. I have no cash, no job future, nothing. What the hell else am I going to do? But I really, really don't want to go. Leave your love behind, or postpone that calling you have for just a little longer?

Anybody?

No comments: