Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Attack of the techie geek

Just bought my new laptop on Sunday night - I am so pathetically excited about it. Here it is, my Fujitsu 4010D.

There are so many laptops out there now that it's almost impossible to review them all, but the consumer raves and the testimonials from friends convinced me this was an optimal choice for grad school...plus, it has an indoor/outdoor screen, so I can sit under the trees on Cambridge's rare sunny days.

I haven't had a new computer since my desktop monolith died last year, so this is very exciting.

In other news, I started my Spanish re-immersion yesterday, and me duele mi cabeza...there's nothing more terrifying and draining than speaking a rusty second language for an entire hour in the midst of a crowded cafe. I don't think I embarrassed myself too badly, but there's a lot to catch up on! Hopefully, once I spend money I don't technically have on language books, I should be able to get rolling.

No comments: