Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Sunny in Seattle!

It is supposed to hit 80 degrees today, and I couldn't be happier. Naturally, my shoulders have already burned in that great Irish American heritage way...I have to fry at least twice before I actually tan...go figure. Somehow, I doubt my dermatologists will be sympathetic 30 years down the line - but what can I do when I sunburn after driving my car for an hour??

I've managed to get together with several friends lately, and it has been fantastic catching up with everyone. Regardless of how busy my life is, I've tried really hard since the Great Thyroid Incident of 2004 to maintain some semblance of a social life. It may not be much, but a weekly lunch or after-work hangout session means the world to me, and it keeps me much saner than spending all afternoon with the to-do list. The extent to which I will miss my friends is really starting to sink in: you all have to come visit me -- I'll have free floor space! :)

Okay, back to running around in six directions. Okay, two, actually. I have to go find a necklace for my wedding day since it is coming up in four horrendously brief weeks. Gaaaah!

No comments: