Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Sound of Silence

My apologies for the absence of interesting posts lately - I'm moving out of the apartment and it's my last week at work, so things are a little crazy. I should resume regular posting within a week or so. Sorry! I'll do my best to keep up now...

For the moment, isn't it amazing how a woman can't find a pair of white shoes that are comfortable and functional, yet that don't look like stereotypical hospital pumps? I went to seven -- count 'em -- shoe stores last weekend trying to find frickin' shoes that don't look completely outlandish under a wedding dress (and yes, you'll see them because I had my dress hemmed a little high...if it's too low, Miss Uncoordinated is liable to do a spreadeagle as she walks down the aisle). The Bon had these hideous semi-ballet slipper things, JC Penney doesn't seem to carry a thing that actual women wear, Nine West now specializes in uber-high strappy stilettos that look great as long as you don't have to walk in them...and on and on...

So, I gave up. I went to a dance store and found a great pair of high heeled tango shoes that I can wear for hours. They're so flexible that I can fold them in half, they're balanced enough to support me, and they don't look like old lady shoes! Although, after all that, I should have stuck with my original idea: barefoot in the park.

No comments: