Monday, May 28, 2007

I am still here

It's just that I had 26 hours to find a place to live in Portland, which is neither as cheap as people claim nor as renter-friendly as you think. So now, I am back. I have a few blessedly non-Portland related things to do tomorrow, and then I will regale you with my trip in Portland, which included:

1. The first time I've actually seen socks full of quarters deployed as weapons
2. Finding my potential pads by bothering the waitress at the pasta restaurant and the woman walking a dog down the street I liked

Thanks for your patience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm VERY excited to hear about it! Just passed through Portland on Amtrak today--beautiful city. I'm sure you'll be happy there.

ecogrrl said...

Thanks! :) I heard the train is a good way to go back and forth -- what did you think?

Anonymous said...

Personally, I love the train. Very relaxing. Take the Cascades trains--avoid the Coast Starlight (Cascades are far more likely to be running on time). Let me know if you give it a try.