Wednesday, January 11, 2006

And now, we resume our regular programming

Sorry about that...but I couldn't bring myself to blog when I was home, and I'm having a little trouble getting started here...Stupid, stupid jet lag -- who else but me could take three sleeping pills, pound a complimentary mini-bottle of wine, and STILL wind up staying awake through "In Her Shoes," "Proof" and "Dreamer"? (Look, by that last film I was getting desperate and actually thought the movie might bore me to sleep...but no, instead I managed to nod off as we prepared to land, thereby managing to sleep for all of 35 minutes.)

Anyway, wanted to post a few pics of home to let you know just why I miss it. I do actually miss the people, too, but I'd hate to put anyone's mug up here without receiving their permission to be associated with my ramblings (hey, can't be too careful after all that wiretapping nonsense -- in my case: hello, dear Gale Norton, I hear you breathing on the line. Don't you have better things to do, like become the first Secretary of the Interior to dismantle the very national park system you're supposed to protect? Or f'ing annihilate the entire Arctic in eight brief years?)

So, without further ado...

No comments: